Tuesday, July 31, 2012

He said, "Son, have you seen the world?Well, what would you say if I said that you could?Just carry this gun, you'll even get paid"I said, "That sounds pretty good"
Black leather boots, spit shined so brightThey cut off my hair but it looks alrightWe marched and we sangWe all became friends as we learned how to fight
A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll beAnd when I come home they'll be damn proud of meI'll carry this flag to the grave if I must'Cause it's flag that I love and a flag that I trust
I kicked in the door, I yelled my commandsThe children they cried but I got my manWe took him away, a bag over his faceFrom his family and his friends
They took off his clothes, they pissed in his handsI told them to stop but then I joined inWe beat him with guns and batonsNot just once but again and again
A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll beAnd when I come home they'll be damn proud of meI'll carry this flag to the grave if I must

'Cause it's flag that I love and a flag that I trust
She walked through bullets and hazeI asked her to stop, I begged her to stayBut she pressed onSo I lifted my gun and I fired away
And the shells jumped through the smokeAnd into the sand that the blood now had soakedShe collapsed with a flag in her handA flag white as snow
A hero of war is that what they seeJust medals and scars, so damn proud of meAnd I brought home that flag, now it gathers dustBut it's a flag that I love, it's the only flag I trust
He said, "Son, have you seen the world?Well, what would you say if I said that you could?"
PeaceMaya

No comments:

Post a Comment