Wednesday, November 24, 2010



There are times when you stop and begin to think about the world you live in.And then you begin wishing you could change certain things...
The other day, I was listening to my biology sir talk about how the mortality rate of certain developing countries is higher than that of the developed ones like Sweden and the US... and all because of the better facilities that the US and Sweden have...
And then you begin to think how unfair life can be at times....A kid born in the "developing" countries will probably die a lot earlier, before he's an adult maybe, just because he was born into that poor nation.... If he'd been born American, he'd live longer....
I began wishing I could do something about that...become a doctor, maybe,(though bio is one of those subjects that make me want to pull out my hair in frustration...), and go to Ethiopia, work for free, set up hospitals......
But then this cold little voice called reason awoke. What can one lone 16 year-old, with wild dreams, who's not even out of school yet do all on her own? How the hell was I gonna change anything? I was just a clueless girl in a big cold cruel world....
But then, I guess you gotta believe in yourself right? It's not like I can't make a difference....and even the smallest one would count. So maybe I'm going to be working as a doctor in Ethiopia a few years from now.....
^_^
Peace,
Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment