Saturday, April 2, 2011


I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, and it's an amazing book, not only because of the fact that Japanese culture fascinates me, but also due to the kind of visual pictures it paints.
I can see very clearly the kimono that he describes, the way the makeup is put on and so many other scenes.

Maybe it's because I've already watched the movie, but I feel it's because it's REALLY well-written.
In usual cases, movies based on books are barely half as good as the book is... However, this certain book is an exception. The movie is SIMPLY AMAZING.
The Japanese landscape is simply breathtaking, and I often wish I had a little moss garden or brook with a red bridge in my balcony. And I admire the fact that though they are so modern, and developed, the Japanese are still so traditional and have managed to hold on to the age-old practices of their ancestors....
It almost makes me jealous...
Having grown up in the Gulf, I can't read or write my mother tongue and can barely speak it as well...I am only Indian in my looks (and not even completely...Around 8 people have told me that I look south-east asian...Not that that's a bad thing or anything, but STILL...). I often wish I'd grown up in India instead. My mom says that maybe if I had, I wouldn't be such an ignorant little brat :/....
*sigh* Geez...
Later
Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment